The goal of the 2nd 6G-Quantum Communication Networks workshop is to bring worldwide researchers investigating the integration and interworking between classical 6G and quantum technologies, to increase the awareness and inclusion of such issues in a timely manner, meaning before quantum technologies develop their own independent framework. The challenge is that, while the development of 6G networks might be too early for quantum technologies to be mature, the next horizon of 2040 might be too late, which justifies the added effort of investigating the integration of quantum technologies in 6G even though it is still unclear when quantum technologies will achieve maturity.
- quantum-assisted 6G network synchronization
- quantum-assisted distributed computing
- quantum-assisted machine learning for 6G continuum management and orchestration
- quantum-assisted physical-layer security
- merging technologies (e.g., optical switches that work both as classical or quantum devices)
- quantum Internet of Things
- 6G-quantum architecture and integration
- 6G-quantum protocol stack design
- quantum-6G physical layer service integration
- entanglement-assisted 6G communications
- quantum wireless communications for 6G high-altitude and aerial platforms
- quantum-6G protocols and applications
- 6G-quantum new KPIs and KVIs
- QoS and QoE in 6G-quantum communication networks
Other related topics not listed above can also be suitable in the workshop perspective.