Download Call for Symposium Papers PDF
The 2023 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) invites submissions for its symposium papers. This year, the conference will be held in the warm and thriving city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from December 4th to 8th, making it the first time that the conference is being organized in this location. Themed "Intelligent Communications for Shared Prosperity," the technical program will include 13 symposia, tutorials, and workshops, as well as an industry program featuring keynotes and panels from research, industry, and government leaders, business and industry panels, and a technological exhibit. Submit your symposium paper for the opportunity to share your research and ideas with leading experts in the field and be a part of the historic first GLOBECOM in Kuala Lumpur.
PLEASE NOTE: Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere will be considered. Prospective authors are invited to submit technical papers of their previously unpublished work.
All papers for technical symposia (including Selected Areas in Communications) should be submitted via EDAS.
Paper Submissions: 15 April 2023 (23:59 EDT)
Original technical papers are sought in the following areas:
Cognitive Radio and AI-Enabled Networks (CFP | EDAS)
- Shuai Han, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Hongliang Zhang, Princeton University, USA
Communication and Information System Security (CFP | EDAS)
- James Xiaojiang Du, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
- Onur Günlü, Linköping University, Sweden
- Safa Otoum, Zayed University, UAE
Communications QoS, Reliability and Modelling (CFP | EDAS)
- Hideyuki Shimonishi, NEC Corp and Osaka University, Japan
- Shahid Mumtaz, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- Mohamed Faten Zhani, University of Sousse, Tunisia
Communications Software and Multimedia (CFP | EDAS)
- Hassine Moungla, Université de Paris, France
- Zhi Liu, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan
Communication Theory (CFP | EDAS)
- Kaibin Huang, University of Hong Kong, China
- Melda Yuksel, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Yuanwei Liu, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Green Communication Systems and Networks (CFP | EDAS)
- Zheng Chang, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Emad Alsusa, University of Manchester, UK
IoT and Sensor Networks (CFP | EDAS)
- Nizar Zorba, Qatar University, Qatar
- Baoxian Zhang, Univ. of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Selma Boumerdassi, Conservatoire Nat. Des Arts et Metiers, France
- Krishna Moorthy Sivalingam, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
Mobile and Wireless Networks (CFP | EDAS)
- Abdallah Shami, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Abdel-Hamid Taha, Alfaisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Miao Pan, University of Houston, USA
- Zehui Xiong, Singapore Univ. of Tech. & Design, Singapore
Next-Generation Networking and Internet (CFP | EDAS)
- Aggeliki Sgora, Ionian University, Greece
- Ahmed Refaey Hussein, Manhattan College, USA
- Sami Souihi, Paris-Est Créteil Univ. / LiSSi Lab, France
Optical Networks and Systems (CFP | EDAS)
- Jerzy Domzal, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Nicola Andriolli, CNR, Italy
Signal Processing for Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Lingjia Liu, Virginia Tech, USA
- Fang (Fiona) Fang, Durham University, UK
- Fulvio Babich, University of Trieste, Italy
Wireless Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Valeria Loscri, INRIA Lille, France
- Chris Anderson, US Naval Academy, USA
- Giovanni Geraci, Univ. Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona
- Moayad Aloqaily, xAnanlytics Inc., Canada
- Angela Yingjun Zhang, CUHK, Hong Kong
Selected Areas in Communications
SAC - Aerial Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Kuljeet Kaur, Université du Québec, Canada
SAC - Backhaul and Fronthaul: Communications, Networking and Signal Processing (CFP | EDAS)
- Mona Jaber, Queen Mary University of London, UK
SAC - Big Data (CFP | EDAS)
- Neeraj Kumar, Patiala, India
SAC - Cloud/Edge Computing, Networking, and Data Storage (CFP | EDAS)
- Ilhem Fajjari, Orange Innovation, France
- Paolo Amato, Micron, Italy
SAC - E-Health (CFP | EDAS)
- Andrea Sciarrone, University of Genoa, Italy
SAC - Integrated Sensing and Communication (CFP | EDAS)
- Fan Liu, Southern Univ. of S&T (SUSTech), PRC
SAC - Machine Learning for Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Yansha Deng, King’s College London, UK
- Jihong Park, Deakin University, Australia
SAC - Molecular, Biological and Multi-Scale Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Masoumeh Nasiri-Kenari, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
SAC - Quantum Communications and Computing (CFP | EDAS)
- Gui-Lu Long, Tsinghua University, PRC
- Michael Ng, University of Southampton, UK
SAC - Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (CFP | EDAS)
- Alessio Zappone, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
SAC - Satellite and Space Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Peng Li, University of Aizu, Japan
SAC - Smart Grid Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Biplab Sikdar, NUS, Singapore
SAC - Social Networks (CFP | EDAS)
- Burak Kantarci, University of Ottawa, Canada
SAC - Terahertz Communications (CFP | EDAS)
- Chong Han, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, PRC
Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers for presentation and publication. Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2022 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
Please address questions regarding a specific symposium or a SAC symposium track to the respective symposium co-chairs or the SAC symposium track chairs listed on the conference website.
Please make sure to follow the Author and Submission Guidelines listed below.
AUTHOR AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Important IEEE Policy Announcement: The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (including its removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications society will take action against any author who engages in either practice. Follow these links to learn more:
IEEE Policy on Plagiarism
IEEE Policy on Double Submission
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2023 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the FULL or LIMITED (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one FULL or LIMITED registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2023 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
During the initial paper submission process via EDAS, it is the authors' responsibility to ensure that the author list and the paper title of the submitted pdf file is an exact match to the author list and paper title on the EDAS registration page. In particular, the EDAS registration page must include all co-authors, not just the submitting author. Failure to comply with this rule might result in your paper being withdrawn from the review process. Please be aware that the author list of an accepted paper can NOT be changed in the final manuscript. Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process, and all submissions must be done through EDAS.
The page length limit for all initial submissions for review is SIX (6) printed pages (10-point font) and must be written in English. Initial submissions longer than SIX (6) pages will be rejected without review.
All final submissions of accepted papers must be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures. No more than one (1) additional printed page (10-point font) may be included in final submissions and the extra page (the 7th page) will incur an over length page charge of US$100. All final papers must be submitted to the IEEE Conference eXpress website. Please refer to the acceptance letter for the instructions on how to upload final papers.
You may also use one of the following templates for Microsoft Word: A4, US letter.
Download Standard IEEE conference templates for LaTeX formats >>
If you have any questions regarding the submission of manuscripts, please contact one of the Technical Program Chairs of the Symposia that you are submitting a paper.