Workshop Program Co-Chairs
Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, University of La Rochelle, France.
Guanyi Liu, China Mobile, China.
- Christos Verikoukis, ISI/ATH and University of Patras, Greece.
The 2023 IEEE GLOBECOM will be held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4-8 December 2023. Themed "Intelligent Communications for Shared Prosperity," the conference will offer five full days of original paper presentations, tutorials, workshops, industry program with keynotes and panels from prominent research, industry and government leaders, business and industry panels, and technological exhibits. In addition to exciting technical symposia, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops, to be held on 4 or 8 December 2023.
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main symposia. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, keynotes and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Please address your questions to Workshop Program Co-Chairs Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, Guanyi Liu, Christos Verikoukis.
Recommended Outline of Proposals
The proposal should concisely and clearly describe the content and objectives of the workshop, and must include (maximum 5 pages):
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop topics not covered or specifically addressed by the main conference symposia (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words), highlighting any conferences/workshops chaired, especially in IEEE Globecom/ICC
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers have accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- duration of the workshop (Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule)
- preferred day of workshop (Sunday December 4 or Thursday December 8, 2023)
- number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices
- unique, creative and novel workshop formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
How to Submit Proposals
Workshop proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS.
Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners and policy makers leading to high impact and transformative research. Papers will be added to the IEEE GLOBECOM Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 March 2023
- Acceptance Notification: 15 April 2023
- CFP for Web Posting: 25 April 2023
- Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2023
- Paper Acceptance Notification: 1 September 2023
- Camera Ready: 1 October 2023
Full instructions and important deadlines are posted at https://globecom2023.ieee-globecom.org/