The GLOBECOM 2023 Technical Program Committee went through a rigorous process to review all the papers submitted and select the best ones among them. Less than 40% of papers submitted to Technical Symposia and Workshops have been accepted for presentation.
The accepted papers will be presented in the conference either in a lecture-style or in an interactive-style format. This distinction has no relationship with the quality of the accepted papers whatsoever. It is purely due to the limitations of the conference rooms available for lecture-style presentations and to ensure topic homogeneity in lecture-style sessions. That is, papers have been selected for lecture-style or interactive-style presentation, solely based on the need to ensure topic homogeneity in lecture-style sessions.
All accepted and presented papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore without any indication of the presentation mode.
SYMPOSIUM LECTURE SESSIONS
Lecture-style presentations for the IEEE GLOBECOM 2023 Symposia will be held in theatre-style meeting rooms and have been allocated 18 minutes each (15 minutes of effective presentation time, plus 3 minutes for Q&A and change of speaker).
Lecture Sessions are denoted in the Technical Program with the Symposium acronym followed by a sequence number (e.g., CISS 1, CISS 2, etc.)
Presenters are expected to prepare their slide deck meticulously. Presentations should convey main contents in a concise, clear and precise manner, providing an overview of the key principles, facts, and results. More detailed discussions can continue with session attendees during the breaks.
To ensure a seamless and smoothly running session, please follow carefully the following instructions:
- Recognize the location and time of your session in advance. Obtain the necessary directions to the meeting room where your session will take place.
- Arrive to the room 15 minutes before the start of the session and introduce yourself to the session chair.
- A laptop, projector, and screen will be available in the session room, with the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint and Office, and Acrobat Reader. A clicker/pointer is also available for the presenters.
- Prepare your presentation in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format and save it on a USB drive. Bring the USB drive to your session and upload the presentation onto the laptop in the session room at least 10 minutes before the start time of your session. Alternatively, you may also upload it earlier during the coffee/lunch breaks on any of the days preceding your presentation. A volunteer will be present to assist you as needed. Check that your presentation file has been successfully uploaded without errors and it works with the software installed on the laptop.
To avoid any compatibility problems with your slide deck, please follow carefully the following instructions:
- Prepare your presentation in MS PPT/PPTX or Adobe PDF format.
- Kindly note that we are unable to offer assistance for embedded videos within your presentation. We recommend you to test your presentation on the on-site laptop in advance, to verify that it works as you expect.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available. Using other fonts not included in Windows may result in an incorrect layout or style of your presentation.
SYMPOSIUM INTERACTIVE SESSIONS
Interactive Sessions for the IEEE GLOBECOM 2023 Symposia are scheduled in 45-minute time slots, in which up to 21 presentations are given by Authors in parallel on LED TV screens (50 inches, horizontal orientation, HDMI interface) in the open space (Grand Ballroom level 3).
During interactive sessions, presenters can interact freely with session attendees (free flow). The Interactive Session offers a novel way to engage with the audience. Attendees will walk around from one presenter to another during the session, so that they too can optimize their time spent at the session.
In Interactive Sessions, you are required to show your slides on your own laptop connected to the LED screen (HDMI).
Interactive Sessions are denoted in the Technical Program with IS followed by a sequence number (e.g., IS 1, IS 2, etc.). Each Interactive Session is further divided into subsessions, denoted by the Symposium acronym followed by a sequence number preceded by "_I" (e.g., CISS_I1, CISS_I2, etc.)
- arrive at the Interactive Sessions area (located at the Grand Ballroom level 3) no later than 15 minutes before the start of the session;
- bring his/her laptop with the final presentation already pre-loaded.
A volunteer will indicate which LED screen is allocated to each presentation.
During the refreshment breaks, the screens will be freely available to check your presentation, if needed.
Please make sure the following information is ALWAYS visible on your screen during the Interactive Sessions, so that attendees can easily identify the papers being presented, regardless of the slide you are showing:
- Paper title
- List of authors with affiliations
Workshop presenters are required to adhere to the same guidelines provided for lecture-style presentations in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2023 Symposia.
It's important to note that workshop presentations may have various timing requirements. As such, presenters should contact the appropriate workshop organizers for guidance and clarification if further explanation is needed.